Hannah is beginning to tattle. While I need some advice to stop this behavior, I have to admit that her tattling is very funny. Hannah is no good at tattling and she does it all wrong. I remember being little. The purpose of tattling is to get the other child in trouble. The secondary purpose is to call attention to the fact that I (the tattle-tale) was not involved in the incriminatory behavior.
Hannah doesn't get all this tattle-tale psychology. She just tattles.
Hannah: "Mommy, Katie is wearing her shoes!"
Mommy: "I know, I put them on her."
Hannah: "Mommy, Elijah is in his room!"
Mommy: "I know, I put him there. He's always right where I left him."
Hannah: "Mommy, Katie is too close to the TV!"
Mommy: "Did you ask her to move?"
Hannah: "Mommy, Elijah is chewing on his toy!"
Mommy: "Thanks for the update."
Hannah: "Mommy, Katie is eating a banana."
Mommy: "It's her breakfast Hannah."
Hannah: "Mommy, Katie is talking to me."
Mommy: "Well, she is your sister."
Hannah: "Mommy, Katie said Nah-Nah to me!!"
Saying Nah-Nah has been a huge issue between Katie and Hannah. Katie constantly says it, but only to Hannah. Hannah is constantly taking offense and tattling on Katie. Yesterday, I heard Katie say it again in context. Nah-Nah is Katie-talk for Hannah!!! All this time Hannah has been tattling because Katie is trying to talk to her. Good grief, no wonder Katie doesn't talk very well. Everybody needs some positive reinforcement now and then. So, Hannah has been banned from tattling on Katie when Katie says her name. Well, that's improvement!
1 comment:
well, I too have now discovered your blog. This entry made me laugh. We arent tattling yet, so I will enjoy the quiet moments proceeding the inevidible :)
Post a Comment