Tonight our family attended the church's teacher appreciation dinner. The kids came with us and stayed in the nursery. While we were loading up in the minivan, Hannah requested that Mommy buckle her in her carseat. Jesse told her that would be fine. But, I didn't hear that conversation. So, Jesse buckled Katie and I buckled Elijah and we left for the church building.
When we arrived, I went to unbuckle the girls from the back row. Hannah was not buckled. "Hannah, did you unbuckle your carseat all by yourself?" I asked. She looked bewildered and then realized she had ridden all the way to church unbuckled. That is not safe!! She panicked. She cried and cried! "You didn't buckle me! I'm not safe! I'm hurt! I am hurt! I'm probably bleeding. I don't think I can walk. You'd better carry me to the church building."
Hannah is definitely an overreacter. But, we have taught her the importance of wearing her seatbelt. By the time I carried her into the church building, her dizziness had worn off. When she saw the nursery workers serving pizza and juice boxes, the feeling returned to her legs and she was able to join the other children at the table. Pheww! I'm glad she's a quick healer.
3 comments:
That's hilarious! Thanks for taking the time to share the story. I miss hearing from you guys. Love you, Nathan
If it wasn't for the fact I had Jesse as a child, I would never understand the over dramatization of this child. He does have a way of making his childhood sound much more over the top. ex: Mom would beat him and his brother with a belt from both sides of the bed for not going to sleep.
That is how I remember it Mom. I never said we didn't deserve the beatings, just that it happened every night! Hey, if it takes us three years to learn how to avoid pain by being quiet and going to sleep then that is just the way it is:)
Post a Comment