Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Still Here

I am surprized to see that I have not made an entry in a full week. My apologies to my faithful readers. This week has been busy and fun. Here is a quick catch up on our activities:

Friday: Truth Project Bible Study
Saturday: Daniel Island Garage Sale, afternoon at the mall getting Easter presents, Chris and Phyllis stopped by that evening, Jesse went fishing that night
Sunday: Easter Lunch with Earl and Ashley, spent the whole afternoon
Monday: Lunch with the Webster family, spent most of the afternoon at her house
Tuesday: Grocery shopping, lunch with April
Wednesday: Ran errands in the morning, Evening church, ice cream with Tommy and Becky

Notice the large amount of time spent with church friends. I like living in South Carolina for a lot of reasons. My favorite part of our life here is the church. We attend a wonderful church with a great membership. It is great to have friendships with so many people of different ages and life situations. We really are very happy here.

On a different note, yesterday I was brainstorming potential blog ideas. I prefer to write funny articles that are entertaining. I feel like our life just hasn't been funny lately. So, as I am deep in thought regarding our not-so-funny life, I smell something weird. It was dinner. I burned it so bad. I hadn't done that since our first six months of marriage. It was terrible. Then we sat down to eat what we could and I realized the baked potatoes weren't really baked. They were like hot, raw potatoes. It was pretty bad. With a lot of salt and ketchup we were able to eat it. Hannah had cheese for supper. Katie didn't seem to notice the burnt meat and ate three helpings. It's a good thing she ate so much because no one else ate anything. I trashed the leftovers and made cookies when the kids went to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!

Girl, if you're like us, normal life is pretty funny around here!

My favorite part? The cookies. Everyone needs cookies for supper once in awhile. Have you ever heard Bill Cosby do his routine about having chocolate cake for breakfast?? It's hilarious!

Speaking of desserts...I'm posting about one of my favorites today!!