Thursday, March 13, 2008

About Me and Not the Kids

Things I Do Not Like to Do
  1. Shop for other people
  2. Work in the 2 & 3's church nursery
  3. Go to Wal-Mart
  4. Drop stuff off at Goodwill
  5. Feed baby food to babies (mine or anyone else's)
  6. Put away laundry
  7. Pack lunch for my husband
  8. Clean out the fridge
  9. Change the sheets
  10. Clean out the vacuum

Things I Like to Do

  1. Write for my blog
  2. Buy clothes
  3. Sleep on fresh sheets
  4. Play outside with my kids
  5. Play with dogs
  6. Mop my kitchen
  7. Read my friends' blogs
  8. Go to Friday night Bible study
  9. Scrapbook
  10. Research nutrition

Things I Know How to Make (just call me Suzie Homemaker)

  1. Crackers
  2. Bread
  3. Pancakes
  4. Pies
  5. Chocolate chip cookie bars
  6. Pizza
  7. Dishwasher Detergent
  8. Laundry Soap
  9. Toothpaste
  10. Plantain Salve

Books that I Enjoyed

  1. Nourishing Traditions
  2. Created to Be His Helpmeet
  3. Don't Make Me Count to Three
  4. The Baby Book
  5. On the Shores of Silver Lake
  6. Total Money Makeover
  7. The Man Who Owned Vermont
  8. The Last Battle
  9. Revolutionary Parenting (ok, I haven't read it. But my friend ordered me a copy and I'm super excited to read it.)
  10. The Holy Bible (currently reading the Old Scofield Study Bible, KJV. It's fantastic. I've found that KJV really is the easiest version to read, understand, and remember. Who knew?)

Baby Names that I Liked that We Didn't Use

  1. Savannah
  2. Brooke
  3. Cora
  4. Bridget
  5. Laura
  6. Lucy
  7. Carly
  8. Daniel
  9. Thomas
  10. Jeremiah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda!
Go to my blog and look at my virtual bookshelf- you need one, too!

And you may find some fun books to read to your girls, everything I READ nowadays is CHILDRENS LIT!

Glad to find you!

Mary J said...

Hey Amanda!!
I was glad to find you too and see pics of your new addition, Elijah! Too cute and roly poly!

See in the blog world!

~ April said...

Dear Suzie Homemaker,

Could you please bring some cookie bars over soon? And while you are at it, could you send over your recipe for dishwaher detergent too? Thank!

I love your blog. Have a great day!