Friday, June 24, 2011

Somebody's Getting Married!





Look what came in the mail today! A save the date card for my brother-in-law and (soon to be) sister-in-law! Of course, I already knew they were engaged, but it seems more official now.

Jerome is in the navy and stationed at Pearl Harbor. A few months ago, I noticed a surprising number of photos of him on facebook. Interestingly, all of the photos were tagged by a young lady named Kara Myers. I told Jesse, "Some girl named Kara has the hots for your brother." He didn't think anything of it.

J: "She probably just likes to take pictures."

me: "Yeah, pictures of your brother. Because she thinks he's hot."

I thought about friending Kara on facebook, but it seemed a little psycho. Hey, you don't know me, but you seem to have a crush on my BIL, so I want to keep tabs on you, m'kay? Psycho. So I waited. But, I didn't have to wait long, because they started dating this spring, and became engaged just after Easter. My mother-in-law was here when Jerome proposed to Kara. It was fun and exciting. We are all very happy for them.

So, now we're facebook friends, soon to be sisters-in-law. I'm wondering: does this mean I'm not the favorite daughter-in-law anymore? After nearly nine years of being the favorite (and only) daughter-in-law, it seems fair to give Kara a turn.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love the way you wrote this. Its so funny yet true in so many ways. I really wish you all could make it here for the wedding we would love to have you here with us. You know we could use a flower girl or two and maybe a couple ring bearers. And I will do my best to be as good of a daughter-in-law as you but I think we should share the title of favorite.