At the beginning of April, my mother in law came for a week long visit. A few days after she left I flew to Texas with the children to visit my parents. I have been here in Texas for about 10 days and I have another 10 days before I will return home. All of this vacation time has been a treat. Because I am staying in my parents home, I don't have much housework to do. My kids and I pick up after ourselves, but I am not really keeping the home like I do in South Carolina. I am not cooking or grocery shopping or organizing closets. It is really nice. I have had a lot of time to just enjoy my children. I am surprized to notice how little I enjoy them when we are at home. I am not good about sitting to read during the day or playing hide and seek. Typically I am folding clothes or cleaning up a mess of some sort. Being here is prompting me to really declutter my home so that I don't have to spend so much time cleaning house! I just might go home and get rid of all the stuff we don't use and don't need. It seems silly to reorganize my dresser to fit all my clothes when I don't wear most of my clothes. I'd prefer to just spend some time with my kiddos.
Speaking of my kiddos, they are amazing. I will do individual post on all of them in the next few days. They have all changed and grown so much lately. Kids sometimes mature steadily but other times they take a developmental leap. My kids are leaping!
2 comments:
Amanda we miss you and the kids. have a god time in Texas with your family we love you
I found you. I found you.
Enjoy your visit. We'll be heading to Hogland next month.
Shelia
Post a Comment