Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Philippines Part One



I will be jumping around on my two week trip in the Philippines. But I want to start with one of the most interesting days there, the medical mission. They had a doctor come in that volunteered to look at over 100 people in about 8 hours. Alise helped out by taking temperatures, blood pressure, and other vitals. David Henniger would talk and pray with the people after they saw the doctor. I did that in the afternoon. But in the morning I got to play with the kids. We played "Duck, Duck, Goose" only they called it "Bottle, Bottle, Goonsa" At least that is how I pronounced it. This first picture is of me chasing a kid... he felt no need to stay to just running around the circle. His game was, I run where ever I can and you try to catch me. Did I mention that he did this bare foot. The kids all wore flip flop sandals, but a lot of them would take them off to chase each other. Don't want to be slowed down by a shoe! Nope! Less sliding on the rocks with bare feet.

More stories to come!

No comments: