Friday, April 2, 2010

What I Should Be Doing

I have to apologize for the sorry state of the last two blog posts. The one with a title only is a post that I attempted to write last night. I managed to type the title and accidentally post it. When I went to fix the problem, either by removing the post or by actually writing some text, John Paul woke up. He has an uncanny ability to know when I need him to sleep and immediately wake up. So, I nursed him back to sleep and then went to bed myself. The post with only two pictures and no title or text was posted by Jesse. He was waiting for the pictures to load and fell asleep. That post was up for a week before I saw it.

I had a lovely playdate with my friend Kim yesterday. After coming home, I had a lovely phone conversation with my friend Trische (who doesn't have a blog, but should). By the end of the day, I was very encouraged and uplifted. *sigh* We all need days like this. Days where we are surrounded by people who love us and encourage us to press forward, to seek God's will, and to rest in his love. In short, they encouraged me to do what I should be doing.

I spent awhile last night praying about my priorities and time constraints. My desire is to spend my time doing what God wants me to be doing. There is simply not enough time to waste not seeking his will. I feel very encouraged and at peace that God really has equipped me to do all that he is calling me to do.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

So glad you are going to blog again. I would love to see an updated picture of the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you and the family are doing well. Congratulations on #4! It's hard to keep up with everybody back there, so looking forward to keeping up with you guys via your blog.=) We have one as well: www.ardiemus-ardsgrrrl.blogspot.com

God bless!
Stephanie & Jonathan Ard