A few weeks ago, Jesse and I decided that we would take a family outing to our neighborhood pool. We had a blast. We packed snacks, got our suits on, found everyone a towel, filled several water bottles, covered outselves in sunscreen, took a last minute stop at Walgreens to pick up more floaties, and we finally made it into the pool and eventually coaxed everyone into the water. About ten minutes later, the skies opened in a torrential downpour. Here are my children: sitting on the covered patio happily eating a snack. Such good kids! They didn't complain about it. When the rain let up a bit, we loaded everyone back into the van and went home. It stormed for the rest of the day.
At home, I put them all in a warm bath. The warm bath is more fun then a cold, big pool anyway. They splashed most of the water onto the floor and I washed the bathroom rugs, again.
5 comments:
hey, just added you to my bloglines account. If I don't comment, don't worry I'm still stalking you and your husband.
Sounds like fun! Elsie likes a warm bath, too! (Though, admittedly, she also likes going in to swimming pool. Haha.)
If your family ever wants to take a vacation to the Smoky Mountains, then let me know. You can stay with me. There are fun places to swim, like at the bottom of waterfalls. :-)
Thanks for the update. It's great to see new pictures of my nieces and nephews! John Paul is so sweet! I need to hold him. So, come to Texas please. Love you!
Your kids are so sweet! I love that you are blogging regularly.
Post a Comment