Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Much Overdue Update

Well, it's 10:45 and my entire family is sleeping. In the past few weeks all the kids have had the stomach bug. It's the same bug that all the kids at church have had in the past month or two. If your kids haven't had it, brace yourself. It's coming. I had it yesterday and Jesse is coming down with it. It's really not that bad: just a 24 hour bug with occational vomiting. Thankfully Hannah and I are not vomiting kind of girls. Hannah used to throw up daily. Yes, I said daily. But, the great state of South Carolina cured her of that. Seriously, since we have moved here, she has stopped throwing up. I, of course, do not puke. It is aganist my code. I think my throat flapper is broken. I'm on my fourth pregnancy and no puking. Not once. I've had countless stomach bugs and even a severe case of food poisioning during college (fie on MickeyD's) and I had not puked.

I know you care.

Keep reading.

So, instead of puking, I have simply been painfully tired. My house is feeling the effects. I was caught up on laundry but after two days of non-stop sleeping, I'm a little behind. How does this happen? My girls run around naked or in panties all day and still I have mounds of laundry everyday. I'll tell you how this happens. Every time they bathe, they pour gallons of water upon the bathroom floor. This creates the need to wash towels. A lot of towels. I also wash the bathrooms rugs. Daily. The spin cycle gets all the bath water out of the rugs and keeps them from mildewing. Bedding is also a constant issue. It's like a contest to see who can have clean sheets most frequently. Hannah is in the lead but Katie is holding a close second.

So, that is the update for today. We are all fine. Tired and sicky but fine. Soon I'll post about Christmas. It was awesome and certainly deserves it's own post, with no mention of puking.

6 comments:

Heather Hensley said...

Good to see you're still alive and well! (and that I'm no longer a dud!)
Glad everyone is feeling better. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Poor you!!
My kids have both had it. I didn't realize it was going around. You're right--it's not that bad as stomach bugs go. Plus, neither Greg nor I really got it, so that was a relief.
I hope you all get to feeling better really soon!

~ April said...

WooHoo! Another post! We can't wait to hear about Christmas!

Your last two posts have been about gross bodily fluids. Do you think you could do a cleaner post next time? Or would that take longer to type? (Yeah, I am going to be in trouble for that.)

Brandi said...

Hey Amanda...you're just keeping in real as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes life is dealing with baby poo, sometimes it's puke.
But, I too look forward to hearing about your great Christmas. We had a very nice one too...maybe because this year was just sort of toned down as far as that goes and we just enjoyed family...and you know how precious those blessings are.
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Kristi Petrak said...

Wow, motherhood is so busy!!! Of course, I know that secondhand from my sister and other friends with babies. Keep up the good work!! Mothers deserve not just one, but two Mother's Days. ^_^

bekster said...

It's good to see that you still exist. :)

I am not a puker either, so I know what you mean.